|Season 1, Episode 6|
|Air date||March 12, 2012|
|Written by||Dan Attias|
|Directed by||Jacquelyn Reingold|
Let's Be Bad
"Chemistry" is the 6th episode of Season 1, and the 6th episode of the series overall.
Ivy faces major problems as her voice begins to fail her. Julia struggles to avoid Michael – but she can’t. Eileen explores her inner hipster at a downtown dive bar with her new pal Ellis, while Karen is an even bigger fish out of water, as she books a side gig at a bar mitzvah on Long Island.
- Julia Houston - Debra Messing
- Derek Wills - Jack Davenport
- Karen Cartwright - Katharine McPhee
- Tom Levitt - Christian Borle
- Ivy Lynn - Megan Hilty
- Ellis Tancharoen - Jaime Cepero
- Dev Sundaram - Raza Jaffrey
- Eileen Rand - Anjelica Huston
- Neal Bledsoe as John Goodwin
- Will Chase as Michael Swift
- Leslie Odom, Jr. as Sam Strickland
- Thorsten Kaye as Nick
- Emory Cohen as Leo Houston
- Geoff Cantor as Bobby Raskin
- Shake It Out by Florence + the Machine. Sung by Karen.
- Who You Are by Jessie J. Sung by Ivy.
- History Is Made At Night by Smash. Sung by Ivy and Michael.
- This episode scored a 2.4 rating 18-49 with 7.10 Million total viewers
|Pilot • The Callbacks • Enter Mr. DiMaggio • The Cost of Art • Let's Be Bad • Chemistry • The Workshop • The Coup • Hell on Earth • Understudy • The Movie Star • Publicity • Tech • Previews • Bombshell|